Front Desk Patient Advocate – Avon, IN
We have an excellent opportunity for a dedicated, patient focused Front Desk Patient Advocate at our Avon office location. The Front Desk Patient Advocate ensures a proper check-in/check-out process, facilitating the office visit so the patient has a pleasant reception and exit. The Advocate also schedules procedures and may obtain referrals and pre-authorizations for scheduled visits.
Designated an Indianapolis Star Top Workplace multiple times (INCLUDING 2020), Goodman Campbell Brain and Spine offers a rewarding work environment with many opportunities for growth in a fast-paced progressive corporation. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, Disability, Employee Assistance, Personal Time Off (PTO), 401K and Profit Sharing Plan, are some of the exceptional benefits offered.
If you share our commitment to a high level of customer service and teamwork we invite you to apply.
- Cover Front Desk Registration/Scheduling/Check-out/Reception area at all times during clinic hours
- Patient Registration
- Collect co-payments, pre-payments, account balances, etc. Balance Cash receipts daily
- Ensure that chart/patient is HIPAA compliant
- Obtain required referrals and pre-authorizations for all scheduled appointments, procedures and tests
- Check-out office visits
- Complete return to work statements as requested and approved by physician
- Monitor the office flow to ensure patients are taken care of promptly
- Notify patients of any office delays
- Answer routine, general & uncomplicated patient medical questions
- Work closely with providers for continuity of patient Customer Service
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to interact with physicians, providers and patients in a fast paced/high stress environment
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Excellent work habits with close attention to detail
- Good communication and language skills
- Able to work independently
- Good knowledge of medical billing and financial counseling
Education and Experience Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years hospital or medical office experience
- 2 years medical billing experience preferred
Please send a copy of your resume and the position you are interested in to email@example.com for consideration.